How to take care of a refinished tub.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Please DO NOT use your refinished surface for up to 24 hours (at room temperature). For countertops DO NOT use for 72 hours (at room temperature) for light duty and 5 days for normal use. Although the refinished surface can be put back into full use after these times, the surface will actually require up to 30 days to cure completely.
All newly refinished surfaces will have some surface dust which will have settled on the new surface. This is to be expected. Normal use and regular cleaning will remove most minor surface dust marks. DO NOT try to remove any of the particles by picking at them.
General Cleaning Instructions:
For normal everyday cleaning, we suggest the use of a mild soap and water with a soft micro fiber cloth. Do not use scouring pads, abrasive pads or abrasive cleaners as they will dull the surface. Always rinse thoroughly after cleaning.
Recommended Cleaners: Formula 409, liquid dish washing soap, Simple Green, Bon Ami, Fantastic, Scrubbing Bubbles and Lysol Tub & Tile
Do Not Use: Dow Disinfectant Cleaners, Lysol Disinfectant Cleaners, any abrasive cleaners or cleaning pads, cleaners containing bleach or ammonia or any products containing harsh chemicals including but not limited to dyes, inks and other harsh chemicals. Use of these chemicals or products will cause a dull surface and/or an easily recognizable chemical crack.
1. The owner and user must maintain faucets and plumbing. Leaky faucets will erode the new finish, causing it to crack and wear out prematurely. Do not use refinished items for liquid storage or subject the surface to any dye.
2. Do not drop, drag or place any objects on the finish, which may cause it to chip, scrape or peel or mar the finish. Do not use any counter top as a cutting board or cut on it. Limit bath toys to soft type toys.
3. Do not use any sharp or heavy objects.
4. Do not leave any bottles; spray cans, wet cloths on refinished surfaces for more than 24 hours. (Rust from shaving lotion cans or dye from labeling may stain surface if allowed to sit for long periods of time).
5. Destruction of the surface may occur by using acid compounds such as drain openers or tile grout cleaners. All Harsh Chemicals should be kept away from the finish including hair dyes and nail polish removers and perfumes.
6. Use liquid soap or body washes as they rinse easily with water and help prevent bar soap residue. Liquid soap on any refinished tub and tile is mandatory. Some bar soaps contain chemicals that will stain the finish if left sitting.
7. Caulking must be maintained. It is important that all refinished seams are caulked. This includes around the drain and tub edges.
8. Damage may occur to any refinished surface when exposed to extreme heat. Please keep hot objects away from the refinished item.
9. A newly refinished surface can be just as or even more slippery than a new surface. Always be careful of the potential of slipping and falling. Do not use any bath mats. If we install slip resistant surface (SRS Floor) YOU MUST STILL USE CAUTION when using the bathtub. The slip resistant surface will only aid to prevent slips and falls. Renew Kitchen & Bath is not responsible for any accidents, which may occur.
In the event your refinished surface becomes damaged you should Renew Kitchen & Bath immediately for a repair. Failure to contact Renew Kitchen and Bath in a timely manner can result in further damage and cost.